Tour Confirmation

Tour confirmation.

Tour registrants are advised to be cautious about purchasing services such as flights from home or personal pre- or post-tour activities prior to Birding Colombia formal confirmation of their tour. If Birding Colombia has to cancel or alter a tour before formal tour confirmation, registrants will be responsible for any penalties associated with the cancellation of such services. If the early purchase of such services is important, registrants are advised to discuss their purchase with Birding Colombia
Most Birding Colombia tours are confirmed 60 days prior to their departure date. In rare cases, for example Christmastime tours, an earlier confirmation date may be set. All set non-standard confirmation dates are noted in the Tour Information posted on the Birding Colombia website and mailed to all tour registrants at the time of their booking.

Reservations, Deposits, and Payments

Reservations for tours require a deposit of 10% of the tour cost per person, of which $200 is non-refundable upon receipt.
Reservations with deposits are accepted in order of their receipt.
Reservations can be made online here. A printable reservation form can also be found by following the previous link.
Invoices for the balance of the tour price will be emailed about 11 weeks (77 days) before the departure date. Payment is due on receipt of our invoice. Please note that well-subscribed tours may be invoiced and confirmed on an earlier timeframe than this. Details can be found here.
Payment must be made in US dollars by credit card (MasterCard or Visa), money order, or bank transfer.
77 days before your trip begins, we should receive 45% of the total cost (your US$400 deposit goes toward this, so you only pay 45% of the total minus the $400 deposit you already paid to secure your place). The remaining 55% may be paid in cash on the first day of the trip, or paid into our bank account a day or two before the trip begins – Savings Account, Juan Carlos Luna GarcĂ­a Bancolombia. 07414237872. A copy of the receipt should be forwarded by email.

To register for a tour please fill out this form.

Refunds.

If notice of cancellation is received between the invoicing and confirmation dates (normally 20 days apart – see Tour Confirmation below), the deposit is not refundable but any payments against the balance of the tour price will be returned.
If notice of cancellation is received after a tour has been confirmed (see Tour Confirmation below), all deposits and payments are non-refundable.
If a tour registrant cancels a booking, Birding Colombia permits a one-time penalty-free transfer of a tour deposit to a subsequent Birding Colombia tour as long as the cancellation and transfer takes place prior to invoicing (normally 90 days before departure but it varies), and as long as the tour to which the deposit is transferred begins within 6 months of the start date of the original tour. If the tour registrant cancels the subsequent tour, the original deposit will not be refunded or transferred.

No refunds are given for skipped meals or other on-tour activities.